Alpe d’Huez is home of the famous Megavalanche, the most famous and most participated Enduro Downhill race in the world.
Alpe d’Huez grand domaine VTT
Area certified FFC
- 2610 m drop level : from 3330 m (Pic Blanc) to 720 m (Allemont)
- 250 km of pistes and itineraries linking 8 villages : Alpe d’Huez, Allemont, Auris, Bourg d’Oisans, Le Freney d’Oisans, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and Villard-Reculas
- 30 km of non-stop downhill on the Megavalanche trail, the longest in the world -start on the glacier and finish down the valley
- 13 down hill pistes (28 km)
- 8 enduro routes (95 km)
- 11 X-country routes (135 km)
- 9 ski lifts opened from 6th of July to 25th of august
- 4 bike parks : Alpe d’Huez, Vaujany, Oz-en-Oisans et Bourg d’Oisans
- 2 North Shore areas : Alpe d’Huez, Bourg d’Oisans
- 2 Four Cross at Oz-en-Oisans and Bourg d’Oisans
- 3 Pump tracks (Alpe d’Huez, Oz-en-Oisans and Bourg d’Oisans)
- 3 beginners trails (7,8 km)
Megavalanche DVD: Check out Megavalanche 14 – showing the descent, starts on Pic Blanc (3330m) going down the Sarenne Glacier and finishing in Allemont (720m). The Sarenne Glacier is Europe’s longest Black Run (for skiers & boarders) – but in the summer its a Mountain Bike Trail!