Chalet Cornillon - A Traditional French Alpine Chalet
Chalet Cornillon is a lovely traditional alpine chalet with a rustic mountain feel, offering a simple catered chalet experience in winter and a large self catering property in summer. It is situated along the legendary road of the Tour de France between the 1st & 2nd hairpin bend of the 21 hairpin bend pass.
The balcony is south facing offering magnificent views towards Les Ecrins national park. Alpe d’Huez is only a 15 minute walk on a path behind the chalet and you can walk 500 metres to the BLUE run then ski down to Huez Village and ski back on the BLUE run to within 500 metres of the chalet.
The beautiful open plan living, dining and kitchen area makes it feel light and roomy creating a relaxing environment to enjoy your holiday with friends. In addition to this the chalet offers the full Sky TV package including Sky sports as well as free WiFi. The chalet is made up of 4 twin en-suite rooms and three twin rooms with two shared bathrooms, sleeping up to 14 in winter and summer.
There is ample room at the entrance for storing skis, boards, boots, bikes and drying clothes as well as the added luxury of a sauna and hot tub to remove those aches and pains at the end of the day.
At A Glance - Facilities
- Catered meals – including wine
- 4 en-suite rooms and 3 rooms sharing 2 house bathrooms
- Spacious open plan living room & a separate SNUG (our X-Box come KIDS ZONE)
- Hot tub – outside with the most amazing view of the 21 Hairpins / valley below
- Full British Sky TV package including Sky Sports
- Free WiFi
- Large south facing balcony
- Off road parking
- Spacious boot room – with heated boot rack
- Modern well equipped open plan living room dining room
- Secure Bike Storage – for 14 bikes
Ski In & Out
- Ski IN – ski down the BLUE run to within 500 metres of the chalet.
Ski OUT – walk 500 metres to the BLUE run and ski down to Huez Village then access the lifts to the upper slopes. BUT WE PREFER TO GET THE NAVETTE (FREE BUS)
- Bus IN / OUT – the free bus (Navette) stops within 100 metres of the chalet, its a 5 minute journey to the DMC 1 or Marmotte 1 (the best lift lines to the upper slopes).
- IN-RESORT TRANSPORT – our chalet hosts also offer a drop off to the slopes / ski school each AM too – should you prefer!